InHarmony Vibroacoustic Sound Lounge
Vibroacoustic sound therapy improves pain management and more. Vibration can affect bodily functions such as blood pressure, pulse, and respiration. The heart vibrates to pump blood, nerves vibrate to send electrical signals to and from the brain. The gastrointestinal tract vibrates to push food through the intestines and blood vessels vibrate to promote blood flow through the body. The field of vibroacoustics grew from recognizing the relationship between the body and external vibrations such as sound. Research has demonstrated that the human body, physical functions, and health may be altered positively by this interaction.
What does a session look and feel like?
- A session is a simple process in which the clothed client reclines on a contoured table while listening to music through headphones.
- Client will experience vibrations and wavelengths of sound throughout the body.
- A quiet, private room with low lighting and a soft blanket.
- Standard sessions vary in length from approximately 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Longer sessions are available upon request.
Benefits of a Vibroacoustic Sound Lounge Session:
- Reduces stress and anxiety and improves sleep.
- Increases heart health, circulation and immunity.
- Encourages weight loss and increased metabolic rates.
- May be beneficial for clients with persistent cough, chronic bronchitis, or upper/lower respiratory concerns.
- May be beneficial to children, teens, and adults who suffer from ADD, ADHD, or spectrum disorders.
Who should avoid a Vibroacoustic Sound Lounge Session:
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) sufferers
- Vertigo sufferers
- Those sensitive to sensory experiences
- Frequent headache sufferers